1.1K views
Featured Not resolved

I signed the contract for my house (Enclave at Highland Horizon - Austin, TX) in Jan of 2014 and it was completed in July so I have no complaints about the amount of time that it took.The level of workmanship, however, is awful.

I'm pretty sure I could have done a better job of patching the many, many holes that were cut in the sheetrock than they did. Several items on my punch list were never completed. The AC units that were installed in mine and my neighbor's homes are not adequate to cool them. Last summer I was not able to cool my home below 88 degrees in the afternoon.

My biggest problem now is the construction going on in the neighborhood.

They begin at 6:45 in the morning and don't quit until 7:30 at night, including Saturdays. The workers play loud music throughout the day and park wherever they want. The neighborhood is a garden community and the homes are packed VERY close together. There have been MANY times that I haven't been able to pull out of my garage to go to work because my street has been blocked by worker's vehicles (photo attached).

Standard Pacific insists that they will "talk to construction" but they don't. Nails everywhere. Trash everywhere. Noise is awful.

I literally hate coming home from work every day.I wish I had never moved to this neighborhood.

This reviewer shared experience about "poor quality and lack of concern for existing residents." and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Standard Pacific Homes and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about standard pacific homes house construction at Standard Pacific Homes was pride of workmanship, customer service and lack of care Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Standard Pacific Homes.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Home Construction and Repair category for more informed decision or compare Standard Pacific Homes to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Standard Pacific Homes?

Comments

StanPacMarketing
Standard Pacific Homes Verified Representative

Thank you for your comments.

Standard Pacific Homes takes great pride in the homes we build and our communities.

It is our goal to minimize inconveniences that affect our homeowners during this phase and in trying to alleviate some of the disruption, “no parking” signs have been placed in the right of way areas and periodic monitoring will be done daily.

We welcome you to contact our office directly at 512-506-4000 so we can better understand the circumstances and see how we might help further

Sincerely,