Standard Pacific Homes - Buying my house was a big mistake...

I signed the contract for my house (Enclave at Highland Horizon - Austin, TX) in Jan of 2014 and it was completed in July so I have no complaints about the amount of time that it took.The level of workmanship, however, is awful.

I'm pretty sure I could have done a better job of patching the many, many holes that were cut in the sheetrock than they did. Several items on my punch list were never completed. The AC units that were installed in mine and my neighbor's homes are not adequate to cool them. Last summer I was not able to cool my home below 88 degrees in the afternoon.

My biggest problem now is the construction going on in the neighborhood.

They begin at 6:45 in the morning and don't quit until 7:30 at night, including Saturdays. The workers play loud music throughout the day and park wherever they want. The neighborhood is a garden community and the homes are packed VERY close together. There have been MANY times that I haven't been able to pull out of my garage to go to work because my street has been blocked by worker's vehicles (photo attached).

Standard Pacific insists that they will "talk to construction" but they don't. Nails everywhere. Trash everywhere. Noise is awful.

I literally hate coming home from work every day.I wish I had never moved to this neighborhood.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Lack of care
    • Construction team
    • Quality of construction

Reason of review:
Poor quality and lack of concern for existing residents.
Product or service
Standard Pacific Homes
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #673344

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Standard Pacific Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Jul 31, 2015 #1014338

Standard Pacific Homes verified representative

Thank you for your comments.
Standard Pacific Homes takes great pride in the homes we build and our communities.
It is our goal to minimize inconveniences that affect our homeowners during this phase and in trying to alleviate some of the disruption, “no parking” signs have been placed in the right of way areas and periodic monitoring will be done daily.
We welcome you to contact our office directly at 512-506-4000 so we can better understand the circumstances and see how we might help further
Standard Pacific Homes

0 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Standard Pacific Homes. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Standard Pacific Homes.
Filing a new complaint about