Standard Pacific Homes - Buying my house was a big mistake...
I signed the contract for my house (Enclave at Highland Horizon - Austin, TX) in Jan of 2014 and it was completed in July so I have no complaints about the amount of time that it took.The level of workmanship, however, is awful.
I'm pretty sure I could have done a better job of patching the many, many holes that were cut in the sheetrock than they did. Several items on my punch list were never completed. The AC units that were installed in mine and my neighbor's homes are not adequate to cool them. Last summer I was not able to cool my home below 88 degrees in the afternoon.
My biggest problem now is the construction going on in the neighborhood.
They begin at 6:45 in the morning and don't quit until 7:30 at night, including Saturdays. The workers play loud music throughout the day and park wherever they want. The neighborhood is a garden community and the homes are packed VERY close together. There have been MANY times that I haven't been able to pull out of my garage to go to work because my street has been blocked by worker's vehicles (photo attached).
Standard Pacific insists that they will "talk to construction" but they don't. Nails everywhere. Trash everywhere. Noise is awful.
I literally hate coming home from work every day.I wish I had never moved to this neighborhood.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Pride of workmanship
- Customer service
- Lack of care
- Construction team
- Quality of construction
- Reason of review:
- Poor quality and lack of concern for existing residents.
- Product or service
- Standard Pacific Homes
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We moved in 11 April 2014. LOVED our house although there were several things that were mentioned at our punch list that were flat out ignored (still, to this day..."
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "These photos show a crack in the foundation slab that I discovered when I took up the carpet in my house at Sun City Hilton Head, SC.Photo 1 shows what..."
- "After receiving email confirmation for products bought from The Sewing Outlet company, I try by email to change the shipping address and name of the recipient.Did the same also by..."
- "I earned 73,293 miles/points using my Sears Citi card this year which pays one pt/mile for every dollar spent. Last month I spent over $13,000 on my card, and paid..."
- "After reading some horror stories and terrible reviews online, I was still brave enough to try ordering a wedding gown from JJshouse. I was not disappointed. I see a lot..."
- "My amazing love had ordered (a week in advance- to ensure delivery) flowers to be delivered to me in celebration of our 1 year anniversary and they never showed, needless..."
- "I made recharge of £7.5 using dialling code *139*7001# and received successful message but didn't receive any information on auto renewal. Following month, Lyca deducted another £7.5 and enabled the..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."