Standard Pacific Homes - Buying my house was a big mistake...
I signed the contract for my house (Enclave at Highland Horizon - Austin, TX) in Jan of 2014 and it was completed in July so I have no complaints about the amount of time that it took.The level of workmanship, however, is awful.
I'm pretty sure I could have done a better job of patching the many, many holes that were cut in the sheetrock than they did. Several items on my punch list were never completed. The AC units that were installed in mine and my neighbor's homes are not adequate to cool them. Last summer I was not able to cool my home below 88 degrees in the afternoon.
My biggest problem now is the construction going on in the neighborhood.
They begin at 6:45 in the morning and don't quit until 7:30 at night, including Saturdays. The workers play loud music throughout the day and park wherever they want. The neighborhood is a garden community and the homes are packed VERY close together. There have been MANY times that I haven't been able to pull out of my garage to go to work because my street has been blocked by worker's vehicles (photo attached).
Standard Pacific insists that they will "talk to construction" but they don't. Nails everywhere. Trash everywhere. Noise is awful.
I literally hate coming home from work every day.I wish I had never moved to this neighborhood.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Pride of workmanship
- Customer service
- Lack of care
- Construction team
- Quality of construction
- Reason of review:
- Poor quality and lack of concern for existing residents.
- Product or service
- Standard Pacific Homes
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " We live i Hertiage Lake, McCall & Menifee Road. The housing track is Bridgeport. We are having problems with the wooden fences falling over..."
- "They might deserve one start for the actual pool. But this company is HORRIBLE -their work is that is.... DO NOT HIRE THEM..... You will pay dearly. Be..."
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "All I wanted is to buy a shoe, which cost 60 dollars, the representative said i gt 20 dollar discount for the card. I fell for it, today I REGRET that..."
- "I bought a dress that looks NOTHING like the dress in the picture and it was missing the neck tie to even be able to wear it! Seller won't..."
- "I called to get my mother's nail shop a cheaper electricity service. After being referred to Ambit, I thought to myself why not. They person I was referred to was..."
- "Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."
- "I have made the mistake of purchasing 2 leather sofa's in which the pillows tend to keep propping out and we keep sinking into the back of the sofa and..."