Standard Pacific Homes - My Standard Pacific home is rotting!-shoddy builder, house not built to code!

It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage.At least 4 structural engineers have reported that Standard Pacific failed to install the minimum flashing requirements when building our homes which has lead to significant water infiltration.

Standard Pacific uses cheap materials, cuts corners and is shoddy. Standard Pacific has major quality control issues are nation wide, check out their latest reviews online.

I have told all my associates and business partners in the market for a new home to steer clear of Standard Pacific.Standard Pacific's commitment to "quality construction" is a joke.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
House Construction
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #559589 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Standard Pacific Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 15 Yes 15 4 No 4
Had the same issue 11 Yes 11
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Mar 21 #1131475 Charlotte, North Carolina

I'm trying to find a decent builder, but they all appear to have the same complaints regarding quality work. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good builder?

0 0 Reply

May 17, 2015 #985533

I do agree with this posting, purchased my home in 2007 since had several problems with water damage in master bedroom upstairs. The latest problem is the ceiling in the garage has water spots and leaking when it rains. This is unbelievable, being a first time homeowner

1 0 Reply

Apr 16, 2015 #972494 Bakersfield, California

I'm also a Standard Pacific homeowner and I've had 6 major leaks throughout my new home. I'm in the process of filing a lawsuit. Stay away from Standard Pacific...I'm located in California.

1 0 Reply

Jan 13, 2015 #930658 Bakersfield, California

which location are you in? I am hoping I don't have this same issue! =( ugh!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.