Standard Pacific Homes - Insulation - Missing In Action

3.1
Turnaround Time

Our home was built in 2013-2014 in Austin Texas. Single story and we love it.

BUT last month we noticed a leak in the roof so had a roofer go up to check and he reported that we had a lot of areas that had minimal to no insulation.

It appears that the insulation we paid for either was not installed or was very minimal. Tried calling Lennar and was told out of warranty except for the slab. Got the roof leak fixed and had an insulation company come out - they had to install 65 bags of insulation as there was practical 'no insulation' in their opinion.

We are not really happy about this but then we didn't go into the attic space to look ourselves, not that we would have known what to look for. We trusted the Standard Pacific inspection and the unbiased home inspector - neither of whom mentioned it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Standard Pacific Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Standard Pacific Homes in Jacksonville, Florida - Floors

Just to add in case anyone else thinks of using this company. Northeast Florida a home built less than 10 years ago.

Decided to put floors in and when the company ripped up the builders grade carpet you could see how bad the slab was. The company had to use a grinder to grind down high spots in the slab and you can see the marks that it left. Had to get my whole house leveled prior to installing floors because of this half *** construction company hiring a less than desirable company to do their foundations. Not to mention they built these houses and neighborhood (North Creek) on a swamp and who knows how much you have to spend to correct the ongoing drainage issues because they didn't grade the lots correctly before pouring the foundation.

You can find standing water between almost every house in the neighborhood after a moderate rain. This company is horrible and I would never buy so much a Barbie house from this company again.

Standard Pacific Homes - cement in toilet drain

We own a Ryland +55 home in Menifee, CA. We closed escrow in 2004.

We have had trouble flushing the master bedroom toilet from the get go. We even replaced the toilet thinking it was the toilet. Duh...it just occured to us there was a problem in the drain, snaked it, & came up with pieces of CEMENT!!! Left in the drain during construction!

It seems to be considerable & causes constant problems in the toilet being able to empty on a single flush. Yesterday it took 4 flushes & it wasn't even that full. Please contact us, Mel & Ann Walker, 29287 Feather Hill Dr., Menifee, CA 92584, 951) 301-7275; annemel@verizon.net.

We realize a couple of years ago there was a class action suit-but we, duh again, didn't participate-it never occured to us it was such an original construction problem. Thank you.

Standard Pacific Homes - The quality of their product is beyond horrible

We have had multiple issues with out home. We made a mistake of taking a settlement for the multiple damages.

We had on issues with windows, paint and plumbing. Within 4 month of the 10 year warranted expring, we have had multiple slab leaks. This is a common occurance in our development. The slab leak repairs have exceeded over 20 thousand dollars.

The doesn't include cabinet replacement, sheet rock repair, stuccco repair, and carpets.

The contractors we have brought in to do the repairs all comment on the lack of quality in the plumbing and in the work.

The interesting part is the plumbing company that did the work on our home was owned by one of the vp's at standard pacific. Quality is not in their vocabulary.

Stay clear of their homes.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Standard Pacific Homes - Awful. Cheap cabinets, poor insulation.

Don’t buy one. You can hear everything throughout the house and the cabinets come off their hinges. Cheap floors and paint too.

Product or Service Mentioned: Standard Pacific Homes Home Buying.

Standard Pacific Homes in Port Hueneme, California - Got disconnected

I was transferred to Lennar and got disconnected and could not connect again. I have a pressing electrical problem and cannot get in touch with an electrical company connected to Pacific Standard, Lennard, in my area. Please let me know if a way to get in touch with Lennard so I may get help with my electrical fixture problem

Standard Pacific Homes in Kissimmee, Florida - Shady, Slick, Conniving, Shotty Builder.

Bought my home brand new. Right side of the house had bunch of wires sticking out of the home.

Was told they made a mistake since it needed to be installed on the left side.

They told me they would remove them. Needless to say few years later I had a big bulge forming inside the Sheetrock in my dining room.

We Removed the piece of Sheetrock sticking/bulging out today, only find out that they never removed the wire and never seal the hole coming from the cinder block on the outside so moisture developed to the point of ruining my stucco on the outside and Sheetrock on the inside.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Product quality and process, Lack of care, Construction team.

Standard Pacific Homes - All my plumbing going out to the city sewer is negative

1.2
Turnaround Time

All of my plumbing going out to the city sewer is in a negative pitch! It's cost me $3000 so far and it's about to cost me $10,000+ to dig up the neighborhoods road!

Negative pitch everywhere and plumbing back up due to it! I just moved in 2 months ago!

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Standard Pacific Homes - Shotty work done after 12 month walk thru of New Home Purchased

1.3
Turnaround Time

I have to say that I regret moving into the Villa Del Lago New Home Development, as I had much higher expectations when purchasing a brand new home. When it was time for my 12 (10) month walk through,.....well, I'm not going to sugar coat it and just say, "It was a nightmare to get anything repaired properly, or in timely fashion." I had to go round and round, for over a month with the people that they sent to fix the simplest things, like filling cracks in the stucco on the exterior of the house and then painting the filled areas of the house.

Not only did the guy that was sent to do the stucco repair do a *** job by leaving drops of the mixture he used to repair the cracks on my tile window ledge, he also neglected to repair all of the areas that needed repair. When I complained to the Cal Atlantic Customer Care person about the drops left on my tile, I was told "Oh, I don't know if that was the stucco guy or the painter so she couldn't ask either of them to come back and clean the tile off". Wait, it gets better when the Customer Care person actually said to me "heck, I'll come over with a wire brush and clean it off myself". What?

I told her no because she wasn't a professional and I didn't want it damaged more than it was. Needless to say....nothing was done, and the drops are still there (see attached photo). I have many more complaints like how the landscapers mow over the sprinkler heads so they no longer work properly, blow dirt and leaves up to the front door of the house, leave dead plants until you complain, or pull them out yourself, let the bushes grow so high that they cover my address, and more......but the best yet is the idiot that was sent out to paint over the exterior cracks that were filled used the wrong paint color! I was shocked, and when I contacted customer care again, I had to here her blaming the painter, and the painter blaming her, like they were 5 years old.

I didn't care who was at fault as I just wanted it fixed because I had family coming for the Thanksgiving Holiday. The painter was asked to come back and use the right paint color to cover up the wrong color paint, but once again, it was not matching the rest of the house, and he didn't even cover some of the stucco repairs. When I complained again to customer care I was told that she had gone and looked at the paint and it looked good to her and was "up to Cal Atlantic's Standards". I requested that my entire house be repainted because the paint was chipping off already after only 10 months, and I feared that in another year the paint on the exterior of my house would only get worse, but I was told no.

Please see photos that I took today (10/28/17), one year later and you let me know what you think about the stucco and paint job that is supposedly up to Cal Atlantics Standards". :(

Standard Pacific Homes - Poor Quality Materials

We were fooled into thinking that as a Standard Pacific "model home" in 2009 there would be few if any deficiencies. Standard Pacific apparently builds their homes to get through the warranty period then lookout!!!

There are three decks off the back of our house and each has had rotting in the lumber that was used during construction in 2005. We have spent thousands of dollars replacing deck railings and joists on all three decks. Coupled with that was the lack of primer on the deck rail paint that has caused repainting each year until we finally replaced the railings and painted them properly.

My advice is to avoid Standard Pacific, but if you must buy their home, have a qualified home inspector pay particular attention to the quality of materials... especially the lumber that should have been treated.