Standard Pacific Homes - Shady, Slick, Conniving, Shotty Builder.

Bought my home brand new. Right side of the house had bunch of wires sticking out of the home.

Was told they made a mistake since it needed to be installed on the left side.

They told me they would remove them. Needless to say few years later I had a big bulge forming inside the Sheetrock in my dining room.

We Removed the piece of Sheetrock sticking/bulging out today, only find out that they never removed the wire and never seal the hole coming from the cinder block on the outside so moisture developed to the point of ruining my stucco on the outside and Sheetrock on the inside.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Product quality and process, Lack of care, Construction team.

Standard Pacific Homes - Poor Quality Materials

We were fooled into thinking that as a Standard Pacific "model home" in 2009 there would be few if any deficiencies. Standard Pacific apparently builds their homes to get through the warranty period then lookout!!!

There are three decks off the back of our house and each has had rotting in the lumber that was used during construction in 2005. We have spent thousands of dollars replacing deck railings and joists on all three decks. Coupled with that was the lack of primer on the deck rail paint that has caused repainting each year until we finally replaced the railings and painted them properly.

My advice is to avoid Standard Pacific, but if you must buy their home, have a qualified home inspector pay particular attention to the quality of materials... especially the lumber that should have been treated.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Standard Pacific Homes - Simple Review #1475706227

Stay away from Standard Pacific. We live in a complex that has had roof repairs right and left.

These are not just small leaks they are where the roof caves in. I have had a roofer out here 4 times and they said it is the worse roof job they have ever seen.

Beware. They just slap these units together and do not care about quality.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Standard Pacific Homes - Standard Pacific / Cal-Atlantic -- AVOID THEM!! Charlotte, NC

1.8
Turnaround Time

Same story for us near Charlotte, NC. on a home in excess of a half million dollars.

And, 3 yrs later, more issues, structural issues and everything they have "fixed" is actually WORSE!! They turn over employees and project managers at an alarming rate. Every time we go through the list of needed repairs, that manager is gone and we have to wait in rotation for a new manager to show up, only to repeat the process... 7x now!!

Still waiting!! They hire inferior illegals to do the work. The workers actually tell us they are illegal and looking for more work to do on the side. Our brick work looks like you turned a preschooler loose with a bucket of mortar and a stack of bricks.

Our corners where the wood trim meets looks like a can of busted biscuits from silicone filler. But they "fixed" it by painting over it! Our floors are not level and they squeak. The upper floor perimeters droop.

Nail pops by the hundreds on the drywall. Things randomly fall off the exterior of homes built by them in our area. They are big on promises and short on delivery.

I could go on and on. Due to lack of English, you cannot change anything at all not even at your own expense or work, "We are quality not custom builders!" I guarantee you they are not quality builders either!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Quality of construction.

Standard Pacific Homes - Lack of Professionalism, quality and Workmanship

1.2
Turnaround Time

We signed to build our home with Standard Pacific in August 2015, they knew we were relocating and needed our home one year later. They failed to assign resources to our project and then blamed their project manager and the property boom in Texas for their shortage of workers.

Our brick sat on our lawn for 5 months before they found a crew to install it and when they did it was rushed up in one week. They installed defective stone on a 1M+ home. We were told the stone would be touched up! it demonstrates lack of quality and poor workmanship by them installing damaged products and try to fix them later.

Their website says "outstanding quality and an unwavering commitment to true customer satisfaction" WHAT A JOKE!, your building a 1M+ home you would expect perfection, their management throughout this process was unresponsive and unprofessional. If you think going with a large company gives you the security that they have a large pool of resources your wrong. Check your contracts as they may take up to 2 years to deliver your house.

Were stuck in an apartment waiting for them to deliver our house. So disappointed with their treatment of us and their lack of customer service I suggest if your planning to build in Southlake go with a custom home builder.

Product or Service Mentioned: Standard Pacific Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Problem with Delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Sales rep.

I didn't like: Quality of construction, Builder, Construction team, Entire experience, Lack of customer service.

Standard Pacific Homes House Construction Review from Merritt Island, Florida

Turnaround Time

Beware of CalAtlantic Homes/Standard Pacific Homes! They will give you all kinds of excuses to avoid repairing items that are defective in your new home after you close!!!

Believe me, the quality of their homes are very poor because they use the cheapest labor and materials! In the end you will pay for all the repairs yourself! There will be a lot. They don't supervise their contractors, and they make too many bad mistakes in the building process. They don't care about quality, they are all about quantity. Their homes are trash compared to other builders of the same price range.

Avoid this company at all cost!

This is based on my own experience with CalAtlantic homes in Central Florida.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Standard Pacific Homes - CalAtlantic(Standard Pacific)

Turnaround Time

We purchased a Standard Pacific home in 2011 as the first owner. We are now in the process of selling this home and after the inspection it was revealed that there are serious issues with the Stucco/EIFS.

At first we thought the cracking was due to just settling but after the inspector provided his report, it showed that when the home was built, the builder(s) did not install the Stucco/EIFS to meet the 2009 International Code Council standards. Flashing was not installed, weep skreeds were not installed, expansion/control joints were not used and caulking was not done around the vents. Because of this we have experience sever cracking and rust on the stucco which means there is moisture behind the EIFS. CalAtlantic came out and said they are only willing to add the flashing and repair the cracks and re-paint.

The problem is, this is only a band-aid and does not address the issues that was found by the stucco inspector. CalAtlantic's position is that the weeping and expansion joints were not required at the time this home was built, but after speaking with the inspector and actual Stucco inspectors, this is not correct. Since this house was build in 2011 it must comply with the 2009 International Code Council guidelines. Because of this negligence I am now at risk of losing the buyer for my home.

I am now being forced to contract with someone to fix the issues which will cost by over $5, 000. I will never buy another home from this company and I will continue to broadcast my experience with every outlet possible.

Product or Service Mentioned: Standard Pacific Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Standard Pacific Homes - Simple Review #1465429150

Worst builder i ever seen.i been in construction for 30 years .problems are trash everywhere in the house they are building.chicken bones everywhere soda bottles dirt all over new floor drywall spackel all over floors windows never seen such a mess like this we are paying alot of money for this house .i hate this builder .stay away from this buildet

Standard Pacific Homes - Wood Floors

They are offering us a substandard Shaw wood flooring at a steep price. We told them we would not buy the flooring from them and they responded that per contract they would install standard tile in main living areas, that is, living room dining room, club room, hall ways, kitchen, etc, everywhere except the bedrooms.

We are asking to leave the floors unfinished so we can put whatever we want after closing. This is allowed in the state of Florida building codes. They are completely irrational and illogical. Why would the builder want to waste money on labor and supplies knowing that we would rip it up to put the flooring of our choosing and of good quality?

We've complained to the BBB and the company has not responded. We WILL NOT be intimidated.

They want us to buy the flooring from them at inflated prices. I rather rip up the tile than having Shaw wood in my house, it is just like cardboard, very thin and no wear layer.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let us the close the house without finished floors as allowed by the building code in the state of Florida so we can put the quality wood floors of our choosing..

I liked: Location.

I didn't like: Quality of options offered, Product quality and process.

Standard Pacific Homes - Simple Review #1463569887

The sub division I live in is built on an old sod farm. The ground is 2.5 feet of hard pan soil.

Water does not absorb in the ground. My yard has no topsoil my St Augustine grass has died and is now replaced with *** that love water. My yard will stays wet until the sun evaporates the standing water. They put French drains in.

That didn't help. I paid $340,000 for my home and my yard is a swamp.